This is a great packet to incorporate into a Penguin or Winter unit. There are several various activities, some are differentiated for different levels of abilities. Included are:
1. CVC Roll the Dice - dice with letters on them, blank dice if you are needing different letters or would like to make blends or digraphs. 2 recording sheets - one with CVC squares to write the words they rolled, one with columns for nonsense/real words to sort the words they roll.
2. 2 Write the Room recording sheets - one for "winter" and one for "penguin".
3. Icy Sight Words - small words for reading them with a magnifying glass. 2 recording sheets - one for writing all 25 sight words, one for only writing 10 words. ***If you need different sight words, send me a message and I will make you a customized board with the words you need!
4. Frozen Vowels - Igloos with vowels for the middle sound, and ice cubes with pictures. The students will match the cubes to the correct igloo. 2 recording sheets - one for writing the words of the pictures to match each vowel, one for just circling the vowel that matches the middle sound for each picture.
5. Colorful Penguins - a page of hats to match the penguin with the color word, one set of penguins with color words in color, and one set of penguins with color words in black. Recording sheet for coloring the penguin and writing the color word.
6. Cozy Penguins Easy Reader - both student copy and teacher copy
These activities work on CVC words, both nonsense and real, sight words, identifying the middle phoneme in words and matching to the written form, locating words using initial letters, color word identification, one to one correspondence, fluency, and handwriting.
Thanks for looking at this packet! I hope it proves useful in your literacy centers or small groups! Michelle Rodriguez