Are you looking for a hilarious and motivating resource that contains a whopping 315 mini pictures
AND targets both spoken and written language? The Silly Sentence Maker Game & Scaffolds can be used for your whole class or caseload, in Resource or RTI, because the scaffolds start simple (Subject+Verb) and extend to more complex structures (Subject+Verb+Object+Place). This is truly one flexible and functional resource as you can cater to the specific level of your students. You don't have to be a grammar or syntax fan to enjoy this product as I've made it user friendly with simple language... but if you do LOVE to think in terms of these goals, high five!!!
NOTE: This product is part of a money saving Sentence Scaffolding Bundle!
So please do not purchase this product if you want the bundle
Choose the appropriate sentence scaffold strip (either with or without words for those who need the extra support), randomly choose a Subject, Verb, Object or Place, stick them on the scaffold and have a go at sequencing the sentence. With 315 pictures this is GREAT for group work and stations.
You can print in color ink, but I'm a fan of printing on colored paper such as Subjects on yellow, verbs on blue etc. It’s easier to sort and find and you can put them all in a jumbo bag! I also put Velcro on the back of my mini pictures and stick on (but you don’t have to as it’s more prep).
WARNING! These sentences can be absolutely, ridiculously funny,
which is why they are such a great hit! Don't be surprised if you make "The vampire is kissing the puppet on the roller coaster" or "The hairdresser is licking the mirror". After we've wiped the tears away, I also see if my students can have a go at making a meaningful sentence.
This pack is MORE than just saying and writing sentences (I’ve included 315 cards remember☺) but can be used for: answering who/what/where questions
, using past/present/progressive/irregular/third person verbs
and tenses, using correct pronouns
, identifying parts of speech
and semantics, using articles
in sentences and using prepositional
• 10 sentence scaffolds for SV, SVO, SVA, SVOA and then SV for different verb tenses (past, present, progressive). A blank version and a version with written language prompts ('the', 'is', '-ing') are included if you need to provide an extra level of support.
• 105 verb cards (35x male, 35x female, 35 actions only)
• 70 noun cards (covering a range of semantic categories including food, transport, clothes, toys, house items)
• 70 people cards (35x occupations and 35x fairy tale characters)
• Progress Monitoring goal sheets covering 30 goals for: syntax, answering questions, verbs, pronouns, articles (both spoken and written language).
• See my Common Core Standards List – this packet covers at least 18 different standards from Kindergarten to Grade 5, particularly in the Language stream
• PLEASE NOTE that by 'mini' cards I mean that these images are just over 1 inch squared so that you're not printing tons of pages!
If you want to delve into syntax, then make sure you check out my popular Sentence Starter Scaffolds
that go even more in depth to different sentence types and contain written homework pages.
I'd love some (funny) feedback
about this has worked for you, so please let me know!
☀ Follow Me ☀ Visit my Blog
see me on Pinterest