Woo hoo 800 followers!
Doin’ the happy dance.
Thank you so much for helping me reach this milestone.
I truly appreciate my loyal followers.
I know it sounds a bit silly, but it’s exciting and energizing for me to see this number grow.
I hope you enjoy these Silly Shaped Penguins.
They match my Emergent Reader.
Click here, to see the Silly Shaped Penguin Emergent Reader Packet
I’ve been designing “Silly Shaped Animals” since 2009, when some of my ESL students were having a difficult time remembering 2D shapes.
It all started one January with the silly shaped penguins and has blossomed into quite a menagerie, that my students not only LOVE, but has been extremely successful in helping them identify 2D shapes
There are lots of ways you can use them.
* Make a laminated set for a wall display or bulletin board. "Shape knOWLedge!"
* Hold them up as giant flashcards.
* Cut them in half to make puzzles for an independent math center.
* Play the game “4 Corners” by selecting 4 and suspending them from the ceiling in each corner of your room.
* Give students a choice and have them make their own.
Older students can write attributes on the back.
I used black & white paper, but you could also offer bright & neon-colored options.
I'm sure your little princesses would enjoy making a purple & hot pink one. "Electric lime green" with turquoise paper, would also make a penguin with pizzazz.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, once again sending out a sincere thank you to everyone who helped me reach this goal.
Wishing you a simply splendid school year, filled with a splash of silliness.