• To reinforce color word vocabulary
• To introduce and/or reinforce sentence starters
I am a ……………
This is a………….
I see a …………
A (color word) snake
• Additional vocabulary……is, in, on, behind, snake, pumpkin
• Use of “and” when combining elements
• Includes: 12 pictures and matching text for beginners.
• Print on cardstock. Cut on dividing line to separate picture
from text. Laminate. Students match picture to text.
• Can be used as separate cards OR keeping front cover and
using back page as back cover, shuffle pictures and
matching text. Coil bind into a flip book.
Suitability and Age-Appropriateness
• Use for individual or small group work. Add to literacy center
with stories about snakes or other reptiles. Add to a science
center with snake fact books.
• Young learners, additional language learners, or language
delayed learners. Makes a great little activity for reluctant
readers, especially little boys. Can be used as a starter for
descriptive sentence writing or a visual art project (design
your own snake and write a sentence or two about it).