PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students will have TONS of FUN with this Silly Winter Story or Sentence Writing Prompt this Winter! Differentiated writing activities are a great way to engage students in the same writing activity who have different levels of abilities. This Silly Winter Story Writing Activity is a great activity to practice sentence building and story building with silly interactive writing prompts. My students loved created silly sentences with this writing activity. This winter writing activity is for primary grades or special education classrooms, and can be used as a whole group activity, one-to-one, or at a writing center.
****This Differentiated Writing Activity is part of my Silly Story BUNDLE !!!****
The following differentiated writing activities are included:
5 Writing Prompt Cubes with pictures: (color & black and white)
- Roll a character/subject
- Roll a verb/action
- Roll a setting
- Roll a noun/object
- Roll an adjective/describing word
Writing Prompt Worksheets:
- Silly Winter Sentence – with 2 cubes (character, action)
- Silly Winter Sentence – with 3 cubes (character, action, setting)
- Silly Winter Story – with 5 cubes (character, action, setting, noun, adjective), extra page for writing, and a picture page
- Brainstorming web (cut and paste or handwrite words)
- Errorless My Silly Sentence Page (cut/paste)
-"I can write silly sentences" page for 5 written sentences
- Cut and Paste pictures for each cube to use on writing prompts (Color and Black and white)
*Each writing prompt comes in two versions:
(1) with a cut and paste cube words
(2) handwrite the cube words
Directions for the writing activity:
1. Build the cubes – cut out each cube and follow the directions on the cube template.
2. Choose a writing prompt worksheet based on student’s ability level.
3. Students will roll the cubes indicated on the writing prompt to create a silly sentence or story.
4. Draw a picture.
I hope your students enjoy this engaging winter writing activity!
Other winter activities you might be interested in:
Follow my store for more differentiated activities! All new resources are 20% off the first 2 days!
Keywords: winter writing activity, writing prompts, sentence building, story building, differentiated resource, special education and Autism resource, picture-supported, creative writing