Silver Packages by Cynthia Rylant Activities in Digital and PDF, Needs and Wants
Also included in
- Cynthia Rylant is a skilled descriptive writer. This Cynthia Rylant Fall Literacy Book Study Bundle includes activities for 10 of her books PLUS an Author Study Lapbook for a reading AND writing focus. There are over 400 pages of materials for the books (1/2 PDF and 1/2 Google Slides). The resourcePrice $27.00Original Price $51.92Save $24.92
- This unit bundle features five sweet Christmas books and activities perfect for reading and writing workshop plus two holiday partner plays. The books featured in this bundle include the following:Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan BrettGingerbread Friends by Jan BrettChristmas Tapestry by Patricia PolPrice $28.00Original Price $38.00Save $10.00
by Cynthia Rylant is a beautiful book to share with your students to demonstrate the importance of needs and wants as well as helping others. This comprehension focused unit includes lots of options for before, during, and after materials in both PDF and digital using Google Slides TM.
HOW TEACHERS CAN USE THE SILVER PACKAGES UNIT:
The materials can be used in many ways. You can use the book as a mentor text for writing about the theme of helping others, in guided reading groups, for paired reading or book clubs, and to go with a listening station. The book is available on Youtube or you can record yourself reading it. The many options make planning easy and learning fun.
WHAT SKILLS ARE TAUGHT USING SILVER PACKAGES?
The unit addresses the following skills:
- prereading schema builder about special gifts
- vocabulary introduction and word cards
- making predictions with I Know, I See, I Wonder
- story elements organizer
- making comparisons between texts
- sequencing events
- summarizing with acrostic poem-PRESENTS
- questioning strategies with question cards for either centers or small group instruction focused on QAR
- and post reading writing activities that can be used in conjunction with this book or other winter books. This unit has ties to Christmas in the Country by Cynthia Rylant which is also available in my store (one activity)
OTHER CYNTHIA RYLANT RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Henry and Mudge Bundle
- In November
- When I was Young in the Mountain
- Silver Packages
- Christmas in the Country
- The Great Gracie Chase
- All in a Day
- All I See
GET THEM ALL:
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Teresa Garrett (TpT Seller) says, "I used this when I was out for a training during December. This was our book of the month at school so it made it easy for the students to follow. I also had a student home sick so she was able to do it on our schools platform as well."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Cathy K. says, "Used with my library classes and paired with the virtual book so students could hear a story and do the activities after our meeting. Worked well."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jeanette W. says, "I love this story, and have shared it with my third graders for many years. This is a wonderful assortment of activities to use with the book. Highly recommended!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Diane D. says, "Thank you for introducing me to what is now one of my favorite Christmas books! I love the variety of strategies included in this packet!"
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.