This activity introduces the concept of similar figures. Students measure the dimensions of the 3 pictures in their set. They record the dimensions on Page 1. Once the student records their pictures dimensions, you can make observations and discuss the number patterns presented in the tables as a group. The 4 questions below allow students to independently investigate similarity in their pictures prior to a partner OR whole group discussion. This download includes:
- Independent student recording sheet
- Partner swap recording sheet
- 8 complete picture sets
- Label back of smaller proportional picture "A"
- Label back of larger proportional picture "B"
- Label back of non-proportional picture "C"