63 Task Cards on similar figures, scale drawings, indirect measures and scale factor.
Students can check their own work using the answer banks.
Questions range in difficulty. Each page (9 cards) covers a different type of similar figures questions, and the questions scaffold in difficulty. Great for test prep, stations, or group review.
Students will be asked to:
- Find missing side lengths and angle measures in similar figures.
- Use indirect measurement to find missing measures
- Identify the scale factor used
- Solve application questions involving area, perimeter, solving for a variable etc.
- Inscribed similar figures.
- Identify the scale used in a scaled drawing or model
- Find missing measures (side lengths, perimeters, or areas) in scale drawings
This is a great review before a unit test, or before your state test. I have used this with 6th, 7th and 8th graders.
Answer Key is provided.
Please leave a review to receive TPT points:)
** Please visit my store for middle school math task-cards on these topics:
- Area/ Perimeter
- Volume and Surface Area
- Operating with rational numbers
- Data Analysis
- Angle measures
- Unit Rate and Constant of Proportionality
** All sets are available in a bundle for a reduced price.
© 2013 MathMaker. All rights reserved. Purchase of this unit entitles the purchaser only the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for classroom use only.
Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden.
High volume or district/school wide licenses available. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). These items can be picked up in a Google search and then shared worldwide for free.