This set of twenty-four task cards focuses on reviewing the CCSS standards G.SRT.1, G.SRT.2, G.SRT.5, G.SRT.6, G.SRT.7, and G.SRT.8 which focus on Similarity, Right Triangles, and Trigonometry.
The cards are separated into six sets of four cards by the standards. Each of the sets covers one standard. There are four questions on each standard.
• G.SRT.1: A dilation takes a line not passing through the center of the dilation to a parallel line, and leaves a line passing through the center unchanged.
• G.SRT.2: Given two figures, use the definition of similarity in terms of similarity transformations to decide if they are similar; explain using similarity transformations the meaning of similarity for triangles as the equality of all corresponding pairs of angles and the proportionality of all corresponding pairs of sides.
• G.SRT.5: Use congruence and similarity criteria for triangles to solve problems and to prove relationships in geometric figures.
• G.SRT.6: Understand that by similarity, side ratios in right triangles are properties of the angles in the triangle, leading to definitions of trigonometric ratios for acute angles.
• G.SRT.7: Explain and use the relationship between the sine and cosine of complementary angles.
• G.SRT.8: Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems
Cards can be easily divided by color. Each standard is a different color.
The lesson can be differentiated to meet different student needs.
• You can form six stations by putting each set at a station. Students can be assigned to complete either one, two, three or all four of the cards at the station.
• You can form four groups in your class and distribute one card from each set to each group. You could have each group make a presentation of their six questions to the other groups.
• Pair students and have them complete two problems from each set. They should share their solutions with the other students.
A complete set of solutions is included.
A student recording sheet is included.