Simile Writing Worksheets and Monster Craft
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you want to spice up your writing prompts with fun activities? This resource includes 25 units of writing covering informative, narrative, opinion and how to writing. Students will love the seasonal prompts, fun themes and exciting projects inside.This writing bundle is common core aligned and pPrice $70.00Original Price $81.00Save $11.00
- Get your informative writing unit rolling with these TEN fun prompts and activities. Students will go through the writing process to create a common core aligned research based writing piece. Each activity is designed to be taught in one week or can be condensed into less days. The weekly assignmentPrice $38.00Original Price $47.50Save $9.50
Simile writing is easy with this monster descriptive writing prompt and craft! Combine adjectives and the five senses to come up with the PERFECT similes to describe scary (or not so scary) monsters!
Ides for Use: Students generate lists of adjectives to describe their monsters, then turn the adjectives into similes to describe how their monster acts, smells, feels, sounds and their appearance.
The similes are then combined into a flip book type craft for you to either hang up in the hallway or send home.
There are dozens of options for monsters to make, giving students the option to create their own unique monster!
This lesson can be taught in one day or stretched out over five days.
Interested in other informative writing projects? Check these out below!
- Poppin People About Me Informative Writing Project
- Animal Habitat Research Report
- Pumpkins Informative Writing Project
- Bats Informative Writing Project
- Welcome to MY HOUSE Informative/Descriptive Writing Project
- All About Me Informative Writing Project
- Thanksgiving Descriptive Writing & Craft
- Simile Monster Descriptive Writing & Craft
Or get the year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 25 Year Long Writing Projects.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.