Simile and Metaphor Interactive Guided Notes
Also included in
- Teach and review all kinds of Middle School ELA concepts in this bundle of differentiated interactive guided notes that I call Pixanotes®! This resource contains paper-based reading and writing vocabulary sets. What are Pixanotes®?Pixanotes® are a blend of traditional 2-column notes and interactivePrice $38.39Original Price $53.87Save $15.48
Your middle school students will learn about similes and metaphors using these differentiated and interactive guided notes that I call Pixanotes®!
What are Pixanotes®?
Pixanotes® are a blend of traditional 2-column notes and interactive notebooks that use visuals to boost comprehension and recall!
I call these notes Pixanotes® because they combine the right brain benefits of the visuals with the left brain advantages of the structure to help all your students understand and remember more content - including those students with special needs or limited English.
Pixanotes® are fully differentiated and come in 4 levels of scaffolding to help you reach all learners!
1. Pixanotes® with Pre-printed pictures & fully printed content - PERFECT for ABSENT students!
✅This provides the highest level of structure for your most challenged students.
✅You could choose to have students highlight key words as you review them.
2. Pixanotes® with pre-printed pictures and fill-in-the-blanks - GREAT if you are SHORT on TIME!
✅This is for students who need moderate structure and can fill in the blanks but might have a hard time with matching up the pictures.
✅Students will fill in the blanks using the word bank (and maybe a partner).
3. Pixanotes® with fully printed content and no pictures
✅This is for students who need a great deal of scaffolding.
✅Students match up the picture flaps to the definitions
4. Pixanotes® with fill-in-the-blank content and no pictures
✅This is for students who need minimal scaffolding.
✅Students fill in the blanks first using the word bank (and maybe a partner) and then match up the picture flaps.
Each level has the same content so you could have all 4 levels out in the same class at the same time for !
✅ teacher directions
✅ word bank
✅ picture flaps
➡️ SEE THESE NOTES IN ACTION - Click here to see a free video!
The Pixanotes® advantage is in the inclusion of visuals! The pictures serve as memory cues to help students remember the critical information. Plus, they're very engaging and interactive when you use the flaps!
NEW: Pixanotes® for EIGHT Reading Anchor Standards! These come with word banks AND PowerPoints!
Get the BUNDLE -Reading and Writing Vocabulary Interactive Guided Notes Bundle!
Having difficulty with a file?
Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, ask a question via email (Lisa@mrsspanglerinthemiddle.com), or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
Follow me to get 50% off for the first 24 hours of a new resource's release!
Blog - Mrs. Spangler in the Middle
©Mrs. Spangler in the Middle (Elizabeth [Lisa] Spangler)
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Thanks, and Enjoy!