PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Simile and Metaphor KABOOM!
This is the greatest game to play and review with your students at the same time.
* Super easy to use
* Excellent practice and/ or review
* Literal versus nonliteral language
* Engaging and so much fun!!
Cut apart the following squares. After cutting them apart place them in a container, brown bag, etc. to conceal the cards from being seen by your students.
I line my students up in teams.
Without looking, the student pulls a card one at a time:
* If a student pulls a simile, he/ she will read the simile used in a sentence aloud and then give the LITERAL meaning of that simile.
* If a student pulls a metaphor he/ she will read the metaphor used in a sentence aloud and then give the LITERAL meaning of that metaphor.
* If he/she pulls a KABOOM card, you can use it as a wild card where you generate your own simile/ metaphor question. This one gets FUN!
My students beg to play this game with every skill I teach.
I hope your kiddos enjoy it just as much!