This Similes Tab-Its™ Booklet is PERFECT to help your students PRACTICE using similes, MASTER the understanding of what similes are and APPLY this new concept within their own writing.
These Figurative Language Tab-Its can be used for Morning Work, Classwork, Homework, or even during Daily 5 for your Word Work….they are extremely versitile! They fit perfectly into your Interactive Notebooks!
SAVE 50% by purchasing the BUNDLE Here
Figurative Language Tab-Its™
This Tab-Its™ Booklet is the SAME as what's in the bundle, do not buy both :)
The contents and skills within each Tab-Its™ Booklet are scaffolded and build upon the page prior for a deeper and more concrete understanding of the material.
Figurative Language Tab-Its™ that is included:
The students will:
* define what a simile is
* write examples of similes
* DRAW IT page
- illustrate a Literal and Figurative drawing of the Similes shown
* EXPLAIN IT page
- explain the literal meaning of the simile given
- write an example of a simile and explain the literal meaning
* USE IT page
- write a detailed sentence using the simile so the reader can understand the literal meaning behind the simile
- write their OWN simile and write a detailed sentence using the simile so the reader can understand the literal meaning behind the simile
* PRACTICE IT page
- choose or create a simile, write the meaning of the simile, write a sentence using the simile so the reader understands the meaning of it, and draw a literal illustration of the simile
* There is an ADDITIONAL page of the PRACTICE IT page that does not have a tab at the top. This page can be given multiple times for additional practice using similes and can be attached as the last pages in the Tab-Its™ booklet!.
These Figurative Language Tab-Its™ Booklets have EVERYTHING you need to have your students practice and master these skills in a FUN and Interactive way!
keyword search: Tab-Its™, tabbed book, Layered Tab Book, layered book, flip flap book™, flip flap tab book, figurative language, back to school, idiom activity, metaphor activity, metaphors, hyperbole activity, alliteration activity, simile activity