$5.00 This is a comprehensive unit with a focus on similes and metaphors infused with common core standards (CCSS) and skills.
Simile worksheets include:
• Locating Similes in Sentences
• Simile True and False
• Simile Fill in the Blank
• Step-by-Step Process to Build Similes
• Define the Simile Meaning
• Simile Paragraph Template
• Simile Illustration Worksheet
• Simile Answer Keys provided
Metaphor worksheets include:
• Locating Metaphors in Sentences
• Metaphor True and False
• Metaphor Fill in the Blank
• Step-by-Step Process to Build Metaphors
• Define the Metaphor Meaning
• Metaphor Paragraph Template
• Metaphor Illustration Worksheet
• Metaphor Answer Keys provided
• Selecting the Correct Simile or Metaphor.
• Simile and Metaphor Sentence Sort
Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships and nuances in word meanings.
• Distinguish the literal and nonliteral meanings of words and phrases in context (e.g., take steps).
Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
• Explain the meaning of simple similes and metaphors (e.g., as pretty as a picture) in context.
• Use context (e.g., definitions, examples, or restatements in text) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
Interpret figurative language, including similes and metaphors, in context.