Also included in
- This Figurative Language BOOM CARDS™ BUNDLE of task cards for 3rd-6th grade includes hyperboles, similes/metaphors, alliteration, idioms, proverbs/adages, personification, onomatopoeia, and puns task cards on the BOOM PLATFORM. This BUNDLE is perfect for teachers who need want engaging and informat$21.00$27.00Save $6.00
This simile and metaphor BOOM CARDS™ activity pack was created for 3rd-6th grade. The instructional pages and task cards will help your students understand the difference between similes and metaphors.
This simile and metaphor deck includes: 44 task cards (8 similes and metaphor instructional pages and 36 simile and metaphor task cards with a variety of questions). The tasks for each card type are as follows:
- The first 8 instructional pages include the definitions of similes and metaphors and how to determine the difference. It also includes a list of many common similes and metaphors.
- Task cards 9-20 are multiple-choice answers that have your students find similes and metaphors from a list of choices.
- Task cards 21- 32 are multiple-choice answers, where your students will choose whether a statement is a metaphor, simile or neither.
- Task cards 33- 44 are multiple-choice as well, but they have your students pick a choice that best describes the meaning of each simile.
This resource is completely digital. As students answer each question, they will receive immediate feedback. This helps students practice independent learning while strengthening skills.
What are the benefits of using BOOM Cards?
- Assign different students different BOOM decks for easy differentiation
- BOOM CARDS™ give immediate feedback and are self-correcting, saving you grading time
- BOOM CARDS™ require no preparation, which means no printing, laminating, or storage
- Hold students accountable for independent work
- Provide paperless practice that is perfect for remote learning
What do you need in order to use BOOM Cards?
- A computer, tablet or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser OR the free BOOM app
- An internet connection
- A free or paid BOOM account
- You may need your purchase ID from TPT in order to redeem your deck. If you do not know how to find your Purchase ID, click here to watch a 30 second video that shows you how.
How do you assign the BOOM Cards to students?
- Login to Boom Learning or create a new account. You only need a free account! However, if you choose to upgrade, there are several options for assigning this resource!
- If using the FREE version of BOOM Learning, once you’re logged into your Boom teacher account, go to “Library,” find the deck you want students to use, click on “FastPin” and select “Generate New Pin.”
Option #1: Copy and paste the complete link for students to play, or…
Option #2: Go to the Boom main page (boomlearning.com) on a computer (or on the Boom app). Prompt students to click on the “FastPlay” button. Enter the pin and click “play.”
- If using a PAID version of BOOM Learning, you can do the following:
Get reports about student progress and activity
Easily assign students multiple decks to work on
Create an entire classroom of student logins
This simile and metaphor product is lesson #2 in a series of EIGHT products that cover figurative language. THESE ARE THE PRINTABLE PDF TASK CARD FILES WITH AN OPTION IN GOOGLE:
SAVE AND BUY THE WHOLE BUNDLE!
My newest figurative language product is for use as a daily warm-up, early finisher, or homework activity (designed to be 4-6 minutes each day including correcting and/or discussion time). Check it out here:
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.