Similes and Metaphors in Poetry Middle School
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Why do we often submit our students to long, dull, (dare I say, torturous) poetry units that they hate? Why not make poetry as fun and exciting as it has the potential to be?This unit does just that! Inside this .pdf file, you will find 10 elements of poetry lesson plans and activities plus a pre anPrice $27.00Original Price $41.49Save $14.49
Similes and Metaphors are so fun to teach to middle school students! Through poetry, students will learn about figurative language and how it affects a poem.
With 35+ Slides and student worksheets, this print-and-go resource will teach students about similes and metaphors and how they affect poetry and writing. Through a fun and engaging PowerPoint or Google Slides Presentation, students will have been exposed to numerous examples and have ample opportunities to practice interpreting figurative language in poetry--both as a class and individually with the included two-page assignment.
This activity works well for traditional in-person or can also be used digitally for distance learning.
Included in this .pdf file:
- Link to download Google Slides Presentation (35+ slides!)
- Instructions for saving GS Presentation as a PowerPoint Presentation.
- Basic Lesson Plan with step-by-step teacher instructions.
- Two-page assignment for students on Similes and Metaphors
- Answer key for Similes and Metaphors assignment
This is just one of the lessons I use in my comprehensive and FUN poetry unit-Check it out!