This PowerPoint gives students a basic understanding of Biochemistry for a Human Anatomy and Physiology class. By the end of this PowerPoint, students will be to explain the importance of organic and inorganic molecule found and used in the human body. This is a basic PowerPoint, but has great insight for students to gain knowledge on Biochemistry, which is need to understand Human Anatomy and Physiology.
* Explain the difference between atoms, elements, molecules and compounds
* Describe the basic difference between organic/inorganic molecules and acids, bases and salts.
* Explain the importance of water and to body homeostasis
* Compare and contrast carbohydrates, lipids and proteins in terms of their building blocks, structures and functions in the body.
* Define and explain the role of enzymes.