This detailed and engaging lesson enables students to gain an understanding of simple, compound and complex sentences, and to use a variation of sentence types in their own writing for clarity and effect.
Students learn through a number of fun and interactive tasks, which enable them to:
- Define and exemplify simple, compound, and complex sentences;
- Identify them in writing;
- Understand and analyse how different types of sentences can be used for clarity and effect;
- Create a written piece using a variety of sentence structures for clarity and effect;
- Evaluate their use of different sentence structures.
The resources include:
-Visually engaging and comprehensive whole-lesson presentation;
-Resources for the card-sorting activity;
-A model example and analysis worksheet;
-A success criteria;
-Step-by-step lesson plan.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final page of the slide.