Stephanie Skolmoski has created a musical lesson plan about the Simple Gifts (‘Tis a Gift to be Simple) by Joseph Brackett Jr. and made popular by Aaron Copland & Joan Collins. Lesson includes digital links to YouTube videos and sheet music with lyrics so you and your students can sing along. There are also several writing activities, musical activities, theater (theatre) activities, dance activities and/or art activities to go along.
This is the perfect lesson and activity for elementary school children and teachers. The the entire piece is 2-5 minutes long and the lesson could take about 30 minutes. Depending on the activity or activities you choose they could take 15+ minutes to complete.
• Lesson plan about Simple Gifts by Joseph Brackett Jr.
• Digital links to YouTube videos
• Simple Gifts poem/lyrics
• Simple Gifts sheet music & lyrics
• Several writing, art, theater and dance activities
• Lesson takes about 30 minutes
• Activities take 15+ minutes to complete
• Pages: 8
• Grades: K-6