Overview: The Simple Interest Skills Exam assesses only the skills involved in computing Simple Interest. I call it a ‘skills’ exam because it only targets calculation from an equation.
- Produce the Simple Interest Equation: I = Prt
- Identify the variables of the Simple Interest Equation
- Calculate the Simple Interest when given the principle, rate and time.
- Find the Principle amount when given the interest, rate and time.
- Determine the rate when given the principle, time and interest.
- Compute the time when given the principle, rate and interest.
You will receive a copy of the Simple Interest Skills Exam
and the Simple Interest Skills Exam Answer Key. This is not
a multiple choice exam in an effort to keep the rigor high.
However, it is designed to make grading quick and easy.
I allow my students to use calculators to avoid silly errors
but I avoid calculators with a % key so that students must
show that they can convert a percentage to a decimal.
Students will poor equation solving skills can still earn
an 80% on this exam, as long as they know the basic Simple Interest Equation. These students tend to miss only the last three answers, helping the teacher to identify the problem.
For more Project Based Learning with Mathematics available at my store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Absolute-Value