Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This is a performance task in which students recognize items as simple machines and use them to survive on an island.
During a trip to a tropical island, the students' teacher is thrown overboard in a storm, and has only left the shipwrecked students a "big box of simple machines." Students are also given a number of resources on the island from which they can meet their basic needs of food, water, and shelter. The students will write a paragraph explaining how they will use the items left behind as simple machines in order to survive on the island until help arrives!
- Powerpoint with step by step instructions
- Backstory (change the story to make it personal for your class!)
- List of items (students must recognize simple machines)
- List of resources (student choice- multiple resources)
- Scoring Rubric
- Graphic Organizer for paragraph structure