This resource can be used for any teacher teaching or reviewing simple machines - but was created with the Understanding Structures and Mechanisms: Movement (Ontario Grade 2 Science)
curriculum in mind.
- Movement is a change in position of an object.
- Simple machines help objects to move.
- Mechanisms are made up of one or more simple machines.
- Simple machines and mechanisms make life easier and/or more enjoyable to humans
Product Preview Available
This package includes:
- learning goals and success criteria for the unit
- links to online and iPad app reading materials for students
- bunting title for display board in colour and black and white
- interactive, informational student booklet
(This product is also available independently.)
- coloured and black and white posters for each machine
- coloured and black and white posters with information for each machine
- Frayer model vocabulary for each machine
- memory matching game (colour and black and white)
- mini-puzzles (colour and black and white)
- 4 types of quizzes (differentiated, includes answer keys)
- design a toy for your class pet project worksheets
- design a structure project worksheets
- writing prompts and word wall words
(This product is available independently.)
* word wall words in both plain black and white as well as with colour (green background) included
- various printable activities (I See-Know-Wonder-Think, KWL, Can-Have-Are, Venn diagram, etc.)
The following simple machines are included in this package.
Click on the links to view additional activities (interactive flipbooks) not included in this package. They are also available in a discounted package deal here
- wheel and axle
- inclined plane
Each section includes a page with alternative ways to use each part of the resource - and opportunities for assessment for and of learning (formative and summative).
Please leave feedback - and you earn TPT points for it!