"Simple Machines" was updated on April 2, 2016. If you already own this product, please redownload and get the new printables for free.
Included are the centers and printables to reinforce the Phonics
skills, High-Frequency words, Amazing Words, Selection Words, Conventions, and Writing of Simple Machines. This Reading Street Story is Unit 5, Week 4.
1. Rainbow write your spelling words
2. Write sentences with spelling words
3. Put spelling words in ABC order
4. Match spelling words to clues given
5. Answer questions about the spelling words.
High-Frequency Word Center
1. Use stamps to spell the words
2. Sort the words by the number of syllables
3. Write sentences with the words
4. Use play-doe to spell the words
5. Read the words, spell the words, and color the words
6. Spin the words, Find the word that you spin the most
7. Graph the words
1. Use a magnifying glass to find oi and oy words. Then write the words
2. Use a magnifying glass to find words with suffixes, -er and -or.. Then write the words.
3. Sort words with oi and oy diphthongs and write them on a recording sheet
4. Match oi and oy words to rhyming words
1. Listen to or read "Simple Machines"
2. Answer the comprehension questions about the story
3. Cut and sort simple machines.
1. Look at a picture of a boy using a simple machine
2. Write a story by answering questions in complete sentences
Vocabulary Center -
1. Sort Amazing Words
2. Cut and paste to match the word to its definition
3. Choose your favorite word, write the definition, write a sentence and illustrate
4. Sort Selection Words
5. Cut and paste to match the word to its definition
6. Choose your favorite word, write the definition, write a sentence and illustrate.
(1) Read a story with oi and oy words. Write the words.
(2) Color boys playing with toys by reading oi and oy words
(3) Find the correct word to fit in the sentences ( 2 printables).
(4) Word Search for spelling words
(5) Color a hundred's chart to find a spelling word
(6) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(7) Highlight the pronoun in each sentence/ Write the pronoun
(8) Color the pronouns in the puzzle to spell a pronoun
(9) Write the time and find oi and oy words
(10) Add 2-digit numbers to find High-Frequency Words
(11) Count money to solve a mystery message
(12) Color words with suffixes -er and -or to find kids riding a lever
(13) Read a story about the first band-aid. Use text evidence to answer the questions.
Spelling Words and HFW cards have been added for your Word Wall.