This resource can be used for any teacher teaching or reviewing simple machines - but was created with the Understanding Structures and Mechanisms: Movement (Ontario Grade 2 Science) curriculum in mind.
** All words are compatible with both UK and American spellings.
Pick up my six simple machines flipbooks for a discounted price at: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Simple-Machines-and-Movement-Flipbook-Package-1714635
- Movement is a change in position of an object.
- Simple machines help objects to move.
- Mechanisms are made up of one or more simple machines.
- Simple machines and mechanisms make life easier and/or more enjoyable to humans
- write the word "pulley" on primary printing lines
- define what a pulley is
- read what a pulley is and how it works
- draw, cut and paste, and/or list examples of pulleys
- choose a picture and explain how pulleys are used in the object
- design a pulley system
movement and simple machines resources at the following link: Simple Machines - Activities, Projects, and Assessments (Differentiated)
Remember to leave feedback to earn TPT points to put toward future purchases!