Simple Machines WRITING prompts
My 3rd through 5th graders came to me with a natural timidity about writing that has blossomed into quality work that I only wish I could produce at their age! Writing across the curriculum has helped immensely.
This is the writing part of a bundle that has four parts (please see the preview for the bundle) – essential questions with unit folder cover; nonfiction text features (with vocabulary foldable), essay prompts, and matching quiz.
12 Writing Prompts
Each prompt includes a graphic organizer for prewriting.
• Friction – is/can/without, with sentence stems
• Pulley essay – with sentence stems
• Lever, wheel, inclined plane, screw, gear and wedge essays without sentence stems
• Simple machines essay (which answers the essential questions)
• Friction Fiction – broad prompt, then an exercise for expanding a seed idea
• Rube Goldberg invention “How To”
• Tree House “How To” with optional cooperative writing.
NEW - Anti-Gravity fiction story (Download again please)
NEW - "Drive a Wedge" idiom writing response (Download again)
Updated June 2016 - Lines that fell off the page when saved as a PDF were fixed.
Simple Machines Language Arts
Please see these coordinating products, or save money and buy the bundle.
Simple Machines Essential Questions and Journal Cover
Simple Machines Matching Quiz
Simple Machines Fiction and Nonfiction Writing Prompts
Simple Machines Fiction and Nonfiction Text Features and Foldable
Simple Machines Language Arts BUNDLE
- it includes all of the above products and an additional vocabulary foldable.
Thank you for visiting Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley
- Your students might enjoy these activities: Spelling Task Cards Open Ended for any list
- For differentiated word problems check out these CGI problems that your students create
with sentence frames: Addition and Subtraction Bundle
and Multiplication and Division Bundle
- Integrated Social Studies and ELA Government Main Idea Task Cards
- Make the complex simple with these sentence activities and anchor charts: Simple Compound and Complex Sentences Interactive Foldables