Get ready to WOW your students with this simple yet highly engaging science experiment. Students will explore changing states of matter as liquids magically transform into a solid bouncing ball right before their eyes!
Bouncing Polymer Ball! introduces students to two key concepts of physical science-that solids and liquids are two states of matter and that each state of matter has its own identifiable properties.
Students communicate their observations and the results of this experiment through discussion, writing, and drawing. This is a great introductory lesson to improve their ability to follow directions and conduct experiments.
- Full experiment directions with photo support
- Anchor chart labels
- Large color and B&W procedure sequencing cards
- Safe Science Contract
- Scientific Method Wheel
- Scientific Method Interactive Notebook pages (purpose, hypothesis, materials, method - differentiated, observations & conclusion)
- Lab chart graphic organizer for recording variations to the experiment and observations
- Student Writing Procedure Booklet printable (first, then, next, after that and finally)
- Answer Key
- Suggestions for experiment variations
- Links to free Scientific method posters and cards
- Aligned with CCSS
Download the preview for a closer look now!
Your feedback always brightens my day :)
Copyright © 2014 Erin Palleschi
Visit the Once Upon A Classroom
blog for freebies and great project ideas.
Like Once Upon A Classroom on Facebook
Follow me on Pinterest