Also included in
- Sentence structure is an important part of connecting grammar to writing. Students must properly punctuate types of sentences as well as use simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences with purpose. This sentence structure bundle provides a variety of tools and materials for scaffoldin$8.40$12.00Save $3.60
- Stop piecing together grammar lesson plans and get lifetime updates! With this complete grammar curriculum, you will have a variety of activities that span diverse grammar lessons. This bundle includes notes, graphic organizers, quizzes, tests, warm-ups, a textbook, presentations, worksheets, Color$189.99$358.43Save $168.44
Students need to identify subjects and predicates in a sentence, especially when they are working with simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences. This simple sentence station activity will provide students practice with finding the subjects and predicates in a sentence.
I use this as a scaffolding activity when completing types of sentences for sentence structure, and the selection of standards reflects that.
You will receive two grammar activities in this bundle, the station work and the editable Powerpoint.
The station work:
• 12 simple sentence stations with five sentences each. The simple sentence stations are staggered for differentiation:
→Subject and verb.
→Compound subjects and one verb.
→One subject and compound verbs.
→Sentences with prepositional phrases.
→Compound subjects and compound verbs.
→A combination of the above types of sentences.
• Student answer sheets.
• An answer key.
• Ideas for using verb stations in class.
• Walks students through the components of simple sentences.
• Definitions and examples are provided.
• You are welcome to edit the content!
I made this simple sentence mini unit when I needed my older students to identify subjects and predicates. They needed a refresher, and this grammar activity worked well.
It is also suitable for younger students learning about subjects and predicates.
This product is part of the Complete Grammar Curriculum.
Other Grammar Stations
Looking for other specific practice for grammar concepts? Try:
A Couple Tips:
• Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
• By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.