This product is a complete course in grammar and a new way to use the materials in Simple Steps to Sentence Sense for High School by Charlene Tess.
Watch my Simple Steps to Sentence Sense video
All eight steps of Simple Steps to Sentence Sense for High School
are now available in digital format in this workbook. You will save $29. by purchasing this workbook instead of purchasing each of the eight steps separately. Your students can access the notes, lesson practice, group practice exercises, individual practice exercises, tests, and writing connection pages in Google Drive.
Instead of printing the pages and distributing them to students, you can give them a link to each page and they can view the digital slide in their Google Drive and record their answers on Google Slides. Students can submit their work to you however you wish.
(Google Classroom, email, etc.)
Using the Google Drive Resource
will save you hours of time and reams of paper. Your students will learn grammar and usage the easy way.
The benefits of Google Drive Resources include:
• Share lessons and exercises one page at a time.
• Students can access the materials from anywhere they have access to their Google Drive.
• Students work directly in the file.
• Increase student engagement.
• Go Paperless. No need to use a copy machine.
• No printing is required; however, if you wish to print, it will look great!
• No lost assignments.
• Infuse technology.
• Readiness for college.
• Google Drive is completely free for teachers and students.
This resource includes:
• Directions for the teacher.
• An overview of the Simple Steps to Sentence Sense grammar program.
• A tip sheet on using this program successfully.
Complete units are provided for the following 8 Steps:
• Step 1: Prepositional Phrases
• Step 2: The Verb
• Step 3: The Subject
• Step 4: Complements
• Part 1: Action Verb Complements
• Part 2: Linking Verb Complements
• Step 5: Modifiers (Adjectives and Adverbs)
• Step 6: Phrases (Participial, Gerund, Infinitive, and Appositive)
• Step 7: Clauses (Independent, Adjective, Adverb, and Noun)
• Step 8: Classifying Sentences (Simple, Compound, Complex, Compound/complex)
The following links are included for each step:
• Sentence Analysis Master (SAM)
• Lesson Notes
• Lesson Practice
• Document Projection Master with answers to Lesson Practice
• Group Exercise
• Individual Exercise
• Writing Connection Page(s)
• Digital Answer Sheets on which students will type their work.
(Of course, you always have the option of having students use notebook paper.)
• Answer Key for Teacher’s Use
• There is a BONUS link to an instructional video that students or the teacher can view. It works well for students who are absent or those who need extra help on the lesson notes.
This product is a PDF document and it contains all the information you need to use the resource successfully. If you have trouble, please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader. If you have any issues with this resource, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will make corrections and upload the revised product so you can download it again. Please do not rate my product poorly until I have had an opportunity to make those corrections.
Purchase is for your use in your classroom. Please do not share or redistribute these materials with others. This resource may not be placed on a classroom web site, blog, or school server. To do so would be in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.