This interactive digital resource for Google Drive will teach anyone how to write a persuasive essay. Learning to write a persuasive essay is a skill all writers should perfect. Chances are good that at one time or another, an adult will find it necessary to express his or her opinion on some important matter and provide convincing reasons and fully elaborate those reasons in order to make a point.
Persuasive essays are frequently included as part of skills assessment during a student’s education. Many standardized tests require that a student be proficient in writing a persuasive essay.
This lesson provides a set of simple steps to follow, so that writing a persuasive essay becomes an easy and manageable task for writers.
The following items are included in this product:
• A detailed lesson on each of the four steps in writing a persuasive essay
• An organizational chart to use in writing the essay
• A sample persuasive essay with examples of each of the steps
• A practice exercise for students that includes:
• learning to list pros and cons after reading two prompts.
• writing an introduction to a persuasive essay.
• practice elaborating two different reasons
• a practice exercise in writing a complete persuasive essay using all 4 steps.
• a rubric to use in grading the persuasive essay
• a rubric score to percent grade chart
• a link to the digital product in Google Drive
This lesson may be used two ways:
1) Print the materials and distribute them to your students.
2) Instead of printing the pages and distributing them to students, you can give them a link to each page and they can view the digital slide in their Google Drive and record their answers on Google Slides. Students can submit their work to you however you wish.
(Google Classroom, email, etc.)
Using the Google Drive Resource
will save you hours of time and reams of paper.
The benefits of Google Drive Resources include:
• Share lessons and exercises one page at a time.
• Students can access the materials from anywhere they have access to their Google Drive.
• Students work directly in the file.
• Increase student engagement.
• Go Paperless. No need to use a copy machine.
• No printing is required; however, if you wish to print, it will look great!
• No lost assignments.
• Infuse technology.
• Readiness for college.
• Google Drive is completely free for teachers and students.
I hope you and your students enjoy using this. I have several new interactive digital products available in my store.
Here's another lesson your students will enjoy.
Visit my store for more helpful products.
Be the first to know about my newest products, freebies, and sales. Look for the star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Then, I can send you customized email updates about my store.
Subscribe to my newsletter for freebies, and helpful grammar and usage hints.
Charlene Tess is an educator with over 35 years of classroom experience. She has taught English, journalism, and creative writing to students in grades 7-12, and has developed her resources based on lessons that were successful with her students.