This book summarizes and simplifies the general understanding of the production and mechanics of the English language and its sounds.
The subject of phonetics normally isn't viewed until college or upper high school levels; but in this book you can find simple and understandable explanations for teaching from middle school level English learners to adults.
- It is perfect for ESL classes or tutoring sessions.
- Topics are simplified for middle school, high school, and even adult English learners.
- Helps English learners to identify the pronunciation of words in English without having to physically hear them by learning about the phonetic symbols and how to read the phonetic transcriptions of words.
- Has easy to understand diagrams and charts.
The book explains the following topics:
1. Introduction to English Phonetics
2. The organs of Speech
3. The Larynx and the Vocal Folds
4. The Articulators
5. Air stream Mechanisms
6. The English Consonants
7. The Places of Articulation
8. The Manner of Articulation
9. Classification of Consonants
10. Classification of Vowels
11. Word Stress in English
12. Sentence Stress in English
13. Rhythm, Reduction, and Elision
14. Intonation in English: The Use of Falling and Rising Tone
15. English Syllable Types
16. English Vowels (Monophthongs and Diphthongs)