Simplify Expressions: Mixed Practice and Review Coded message (7.EE.A.1.)
is a fun way to review simplifying expressions by combining like terms and using the distributive property. Students solve problems to finish a code of letters and then use the code to find a message. Two different messages and codes are included in this set. Simplifying expressions are part of the common core standard: 7.EE.A.1.
NOTE: There are not problems for all 26 letters. Each page contains 10 - 14 practice problems.
Linear Expressions Resources Include:
- Simplify Expressions Math Detective Activity
- Identify Equivalent Expressions Puzzle Activity
- Combine Like Terms Paper Chain Activity
- Simplify Linear Expressions Coded Message Activity
- Simplify Expressions Distributive Property Interactive Notebook
- Simplify Expressions Combining Like Terms Interactive Notebook
- Write Equivalent Expressions Task Card Activity
- Write Two Variable Expressions Task Card Activity
- Write Variable Expressions from Word Problems Task Activity
- Simplify Expressions Combine Like Terms Task Card Activity
- Simplify Expressions Distributive Property Task Card Activity
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.