Simplifying Expressions by Combining Like Terms is a fun way to engage students in practice and review simplifying expressions by combining like terms (CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.EE.3.).
One set of cards has expressions, the other has solutions with the simplified expression. Students look for the expressions and simplified expressions that match through fun games like a scavenger hunt or concentration. Great also for assessment and diagnostics. Find out what your students know about simplifying expressions.
Answer key, interactive notebook-sized cards and large cards, and suggested uses included. My students LOVE these.
These are great with the notes Simplifying Expressions by Combining Like Terms Notes and Practice
Multiple ways to use:
- Set up at a math-center
- Host a scavenger hunt
- Play a whole class game
- Play the classic game of concentration
- Individual student practice and review
- Individual student assessment
A great addition to your Algebra and Algebra II review and practice.
Included in this ready to use set of cards:
- Teacher directions for multiple ways to use
- 12 word problem cards and 12 matching solution cards
- A student answer sheet
- A complete answer key
Linear Expressions Resources Include:
- Simplify Expressions Math Detective Activity
- Identify Equivalent Expressions Puzzle Activity
- Combine Like Terms Paper Chain Activity
- Simplify Linear Expressions Coded Message Activity
- Simplify Expressions Distributive Property Interactive Notebook
- Simplify Expressions Combining Like Terms Interactive Notebook
- Write Equivalent Expressions Task Card Activity
- Write Two Variable Expressions Task Card Activity
- Write Variable Expressions from Word Problems Task Activity
- Simplify Expressions Combine Like Terms Task Card Activity
- Simplify Expressions Distributive Property Task Card Activity
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.