This bundle includes many resources and materials to teach simplifying expressions and properties of numbers. Included is a ZIP folder with 13 files (many of these are in PowerPoint or Word and duplicated in PDF Format). The bundle includes a foldable for teaching properties (perfect for interactive notebooks!), one homework assignment (answer key included), one quiz (answer key included), one exit quiz, one student reference sheet (also great for interactive notebooks), and teacher notes on how to use each file.
The following teacher notes are included in the ZIP Folder:
1. Properties Foldable: I have included a foldable for the associative, commutative, and identity properties. Also included is a foldable which includes all of the above properties, plus distributive property. I would suggest photocopying one first to make sure it prints properly, then printing one for each student. When I copied my foldable, I had to turn the second page upside down in order to get it to fold properly. Each copier is different, so you may have to play with it. Have students cut on the dotted lines and fold on the solid lines. This is perfect for interactive notebooks!! I love this because students can quiz themselves when preparing for an assessment! I did include a Powerpoint version of the foldable. The font I used is by Kimberly Geswein Fonts and can be downloaded for FREE on Teachers pay Teachers
2. Properties of Numbers Homework: Includes 11 problems in which student show mastery of determining properties of numbers. Fill in the blank problems are included. Also, answer keys are included for your convenience and reference. Word document and PDF included.
3. Student Reference Sheet: Also great for those interactive notebooks! Two reference sheets per page. Students can glue this into their math notebook and use to prepare for tests and quizzes. Word document and PDF included.
4. Exit Quiz: This is great for holding students accountable for their learning at the end of a lesson or the end of the week. Three simple question to help you as the teacher to better understand what students understand and where they are still struggling. Two quizzes per page. PDF file included.
5. Simplifying Expressions and Properties Quiz: 20 questions plus one extra credit question. Both PDF and Word formats included. Answer keys also included. Question types include 6 matching (match the equation with the property), 4 simplifying expressions (without distributive property), 2 simplifying expressions (with distributive property), one problem solving word problem with 4 related questions, 2 questions that involve a student claim (student must give an example and counter example of when this property works), 2 questions that relate to a student error, and one extra credit question that asks for perimeter of a rectangle, given a side length.
***PLEASE download the PREVIEW file before purchasing this product. As always, please ask any and all questions before purchasing as well :)
Visit my blog at: ThusLittleLadybug.Blogspot.com
Personal/Classroom Use ONLY!
Not to redistribute.
No sharing of this product through internet groups/blogs, offline groups, school district websites/servers, school websites/servers, or personal websites.