Reinforce and assess your students' understanding of simplifying fractions with this resource designed to make the basics of fractions even easier for your students! The reference sheet and vocabulary list will supplement your instruction. Use the worksheet as guided or independent practice (each of the twenty problems simplifies to one of four different fractions, and students enjoy checking to see if they end up with five of each answer). Then assess your students' understanding with a basic ten-problem quiz. Modified versions of the worksheet and quiz are also included.
Included in your thirteen-page download:
1) Cover page
2) Product summary
3) Student reference sheet (see thumbnail)...Use for all students as you teach or give this to students who are absent on the day of the actual lesson
4) Relevant vocabulary list (numerator, denominator, common factor, simplest form, and GCF) suitable to print on the back of the reference sheet
5) Worksheet page 1 (see thumbnail)
6) Worksheet page 2 (contains twenty fractions to be simplified)
7) Modified version of worksheet page 2 (contains the GCF written for each problem; use for students requiring modifications or students needing additional help)
8) Answer key to worksheet page 1
9) Answer key to worksheet page 2 (the answer keys show what each fraction was divided by to get the simplest form)
10) Quiz (ten questions)
11) Modified version of quiz (includes the GCF for each fraction)
12) Answer key to quiz (see thumbnail)
13) Credits page
I'd love to have you as a follower! Simply click the star by my store name ("Follow Me") to be notified by email when new upper-elementary and middle-school math products are added.
If you make a purchase, thank you and remember that you can always return to your "My Purchases" page to leave feedback on this item. I'd love to know how it worked in your classroom, and you'll earn valuable credits which can be used towards future TpT purchases!
Thank you for visiting Drummer Chick Arithmetic! You are a total rock star for all that you do for your students!