This satisfies the some of the requirements for common core HSN.RN.A.2.
• Use 8 by 5 index cards for printing, laminate for year after year use.
• Allow students to use exist cards to dismiss a class.
o Correct answer, let them go to lunch, recess, etc…
o Wrong answer, go to back of the line try again
• Cards 3-4 are vocabulary words.
• Cards 5-65 (odd) has radicals not simplified.
• Cards 6-66 (even) shows intermediate step with the perfect square in blue and answers in green.
• Cards 67-74 has same problems and answers for oral drilling.
• Zoom to page level for most pdf software to have computer display cards.
o Just select cards 5-65 (odd) to randomized order, next click will show the answer (even).
My philosophy for exit cards. You should have exit cards to cover the big concepts of each quarter. Exit cards are a tool and not a lesson. If you have a co-teacher, educational assistant (have the EA review the answers before quizzing the students) just print an extra set for them. If you have about 30 students it will take about ten minutes to exit all of the students. I normally will end the class five minutes early when it is followed by a recess, lunch or last class of the day. This way I will use five minutes of my time and five minutes of the student’s time and they are not late for their next class. We rotate our schedule, so each period is at a different time each day. Sometimes, I have a good student use the exit cards. If you find errors regardless how small please e-mail me and inform me so I can make corrections.