In this activity, students will practice simplifying and performing operations with radicals.
Row Relay (2)
1. Before beginning the activity, the students should be seated in rows. Their “team” will be the other students in their row.
2. Copy both Row Relay worksheets (Recommend to copy double-sided.) You will need 1 worksheet per row.
3. The person in the front of the row will be Student 1 (as labeled on the worksheet). The second person in the row will be Student 2, and so on.
4. All rows will begin at the same time. This activity is a race! When the teacher says to begin, Student 1 will complete the first direction. When finished, he or she should pass it back to Student 2. Each student should check the work of the student in front of them before completing their direction.
5. Students should continue passing the worksheet to the back of the row until completed.
6. The teacher should stand at the back of the room. The first row to turn in a completed and correct worksheet wins!
7. Play again using the second page of the worksheet.
An answer key is included for easy grading!