These pages will provide your students with easy and quick writing practice!
Have students color each picture (quickly!) and then write a sentence to go with each picture. Young students can write simple sentences while older students can include more details. If students struggle to think of something to write, encourage them to look at the details in the pictures (colors used, body parts, type of animal, etc.). You may even have them add details to the pictures (add a ground, sky, flowers, other small details, etc.). The names of the animals have been included to help students not get “stuck” on how to spell it themselves.
Ideas for Use:
* Writing center activity
* Sentence writing homework
* Quick sentence assessment
* Tracking students’ writing progress through the year
* Tie-in to a science unit
* Writing practice while waiting to conference with teacher on a writing piece
* Easy writing activity a substitute can use
* Use during conferences to show parents their child’s progress
* Use to identify areas of student’s weakness/strength in writing
* Use as alternative to journal writing OR
* Print at reduced size to glue inside composition book/journal
30 different pages featuring four animals each are included!
Also Available:Simply Sentences - Alphabet
Simply Sentences - Community Helpers