These pages will provide your students with easy and quick writing practice!
This packet contains 38 pages of community helpers writing pages!
Have students color each picture (quickly!) and then write a sentence to go with each picture. Young students can write simple sentences while older students can include more details. If students struggle to think of something to write, encourage them to look at the details in the pictures (colors used, body parts, tools, etc.). You may even have them add details to the pictures (add a ground, sky, flowers, other small details, etc.). Words relating to community helpers have been added so students don't get "stuck" on spelling the word.
Ideas for Use:
* Writing center activity
* Sentence writing homework
* Quick sentence assessment
* Tracking students’ writing progress through the year
* Tie-in to a science unit
* Writing practice while waiting to conference with teacher on a writing piece
* Easy writing activity a substitute can use
* Use during conferences to show parents their child’s progress
* Use to identify areas of student’s weakness/strength in writing
* Use as alternative to journal writing OR
* Print at reduced size to glue inside composition book/journal
These community helpers are included: Construction Workers, Dentist, Dental Hygienist, Firefighter, Paramedic, Nurse, Doctor, Surgeon, Librarian, Bus Driver, Teacher, Principal, Custodian, Crossing Guard, Police Officer, Mail Carrier, Postal Worker, Paperboy, Grocer, Florist, Hairdresser, Bank Teller, Cashier, Trash Collector, Recycler, Veterinarian, Vet Assistant, Waiter, Waitress, Chef
Places in Community: Dentist Office, Fire Station, Library, Hospital, Police Station, Post Office, School, Animal Clinic, Flower Shop, Bank, Restaurant, Grocery Store
Simply Sentences - Animals
Simply Sentences - Alphabet