This space unit is a simulation in which a class steps into the shoes of science specialists who create a video documentary called "A Field Trip into Space" As you can see in the preview, the students create a new identity. They will become an adult with a job in their own community. They will apply for a new job with the S.P.A.C.E. (Scientific Program for Aeronautic Cosmic Explorers) This unit will take approximately 4 weeks to complete (45 minutes – 1 hour / 2-3 days a week). This unit includes:
• Complete step-by-step lesson plan
• Character autobiography sheet (for new identity)
• S.P.A.C.E. job application
• Interplanetary VISA application
• Congratulations letter (for being hired by S.P.A.C.E.
• Planet student assignment sheet
• S.P.A.C.E. Science Officer name tag template
• S.P.A.C.E. Security Badge template
• Planet report fact sheets
• Planet report rubric
• Full script for producing the Documentary
Please see the preview for sample pages of the fact sheets and script.
Click the link below to visit my store:
Jan Ayotte's Academic Alley
Copyright (c) Jan Ayotte. All rights reserved by author. This product can be used by original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only.