Sin parar by Zehtyan: Spanish Song to Practice Infinitive Verbs (-AR, -ER, -IR)
Activity booklet includes:
• Full song lyrics: “Sin parar”
• Exploratory activity: A series of verbs are given to prompt students to think about what other actions can happen. Then the students will be ready to listen to the song that uses the same pattern (actions causing actions).
• Cloze activity: Infinitive verbs
• Infinitive Verbs Worksheet: In the first part, students identify the stem of a list of infinitive verbs from the song. In the second part, they write the Spanish translation of verbs in the infinitive and in the present.
• -AR, -ER, -IR Verbs Conjugation Worksheet 1: In the first part, students complete a table with the present conjugation of -AR, -ER, -IR verbs. In the second part, they complete sentences in the present.
• -AR, -ER, -IR Verbs Conjugation Worksheet 2: In the first part, students match infinitive verbs with a related word or phrase. In the second part, they use those same examples to write sentences in the present.
• Stem Changing Verbs Worksheet: If you already covered stem changing verbs, you can use this worksheet that includes examples from the song. Students write a complete sentence using the keys provided.
• -AR, -ER, -IR Verbs in the Present Handout: A black-and-white handout is included with -AR, -ER, -IR conjugation examples in present. As an option, you may buy a full-color handout and posters in different sizes.