PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
0.81 MB | 7 pages
This resource contains TWO seasonal activities! Use the snowflakes in the winter or the flowers in the spring -- depending on the pace of your course! In both versions, students will practice their knowledge of the properties of sine and cosine graphs. The concepts assessed in this resource are: amplitude, period, vertical shifts, range, and reflection.
1. Copy a class set of both pages (the equations and the snowflake "branches" / flower "petals").
2. Each student will need a pair of scissors and a glue stick.
3. Instruct the students to cut out each snowflake branch or petal.
4. Then the students must match the piece to the corresponding sine or cosine function.
5. Suggest that students be sure of their match before gluing.
6. When the students are sure of their match, they should glue the branches around the equation to create a snowflake or a flower.