No prep 80+ page novel study for Sing Down the Moon by Scott O'Dell;
Designed for 4-6th grade with CCSS in mind. Flexible reading sections and activities.
* Quiz for every chapter- four basic comprehension questions
* Compare and Contrast Activities- focus on comparing characters and settings
* Skill sheets for Common Core Literature Standards grade 4-6:
- Plot Line
- Character Study
- Compare and Contrast stories/characters
- Setting Research
* Unit plans for two to three weeks of reading
* Charts detailing the Common Core Standards and which skill sheets address them
* Student Workbook cover page
* Vocabulary words, definitions and activities
* Writing Prompt
* Detailed Answer Keys
Sing Down the Moon is a wonderful story that can be used in a variety of ways. Choose to read it as a whole class, read aloud, in guided reading groups, in literature circles or let students read it independently using Sing Down the Moon Novel Study as a guide. Great for independent summer reading.
Sing Down the Moon brings to life the forced migration of the Navajo people during the mid 1860's. The story is told through the eyes of Bright Morning, as she and her people cope with the loss of their freedom and their home. This novel study provides everything you need to take the long walk of the Navajos while hitting your common core goals with no worries about prep time.
However you choose to use this Sing Down the Moon Novel Study, you and your class are certain to get swept away in the story while addressing comprehension skills, learning new vocabulary words, meeting the Common Core State Standards and enjoying every step of the way!
Other Novel Studies Available:
Because of Winn-Dixie MIni Novel Study
The BFG (Big Friendly Giant) by Roald Dahl Novel Study
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl Novel Study
Shoeshine Girl by Clyde Robert Bulla Novel Study
Hey, New Kid by Betsy Duffey Novel Study
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry Novel Study
Clementine by Sara Pennypacker Novel Study
Rules by Cynthia Lord Novel Study
Mini Unit- One Crazy Summer
One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
Moonshiner's Gold by John R. Erickson
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson