Sight Word Songs and MP3 Sight Word "I Can Read" Program
Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read: Take advantage how the brain learns best!
Teachers, students, and parents love this engaging approach to “heart word” work because it dramatically accelerates reading and writing proficiency. (Our action research shows kindergartners use these 32 words over 50% of the time in their writing!)
Parents and children love these pink and purple “heart words” because singing and fingerspelling build multisensory memory connections! Children delight in singing and signing at home and at school!
https://youtu.be/KP4wVzEBX04 L-O-V-E Spells Love
https://youtu.be/2euZnR7JVEQ This is My House: h-o-u-s-e
https://youtu.be/mx_ZAWGjoTE There's an 'ing' in King: i-n-g
Sight Word Program Includes:
• Professional MP3 of spelling and handwriting songs by Nellie Edge (You have permission to make copies for families with credits noted.)
• 33 most frequently used kindergarten writing-to-read words
• 33 “I Can Read” Anthology pages
• 33 Large fingerspelling/word cards
Sight Words Include:
Set 1 Pink Heart Words: I, cat, a, love, dog, you, see, Mom, the, Dad, we, me, my, can, like, house
Set 2 Purple Heart Words: To, book, by, end, look, Dear, thank, From, have, this, is, yes, and, no, it
Bonus Common Core Words: because, favorite, friend, happy
Spelling and Handwriting Songs Include:
1. L-o-v-e Spells Love (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
2. The “I” Chant
3. I Always Start My Letters at the Top, traditional
4. M-o-m Spells Mom to the tune of L-o-v-e Spells Love (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
5. The Spelling Chant, author unknown (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
6. S-e-e- Spells See (tune of Are You Sleeping?)
7. L-i-k-e Spells Like (tune of L-o-v-e Spells Love)
8. I Can! c-a-n (inspiration from Kathy Bridges)
9. Have you Ever Spelled Have?
10. We Can Write “By Heart” Words (inspiration from Diane Bonica)
11. I Can Spell Cat, A Nellie Edge Read and Sing Big Book™
12. My House (inspiration from Julie Lay)
13. You’re My Friend: F-r-i-e-n-d
14. Thank You
15. I Can Spell Because
16. M-Y My Rhymes with B-Y By (musical inspiration from Rosalie Karalekas)
17. B-o-o-k Book!
18. D-e-a-r Dear Song
19. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star: A-r-e Spells Are
21. I Am Very, Very Happy: H-a-p-p-y (inspiration from Gina Edge)
22. T-h-i-s Spells This (tune of You’re in the Army Now)
23. There’s an “ing” in King (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
24. F-R-O-M Spells From
25. I Said S-a-i-d
26. Write a Letter Song: To and From (inspiration from Winter Curry)
27. My Favorite New Word
28. “Heart Word” Poem
29. Helper of the Day Song (inspiration from Katie Nelson)
30. Helper of the Day Instrumental
31. Once Upon a Time: O-n-c-e Once! (inspiration from Laura Flocker)
32. Prolific Writers Are We!
33. T-H-E E-N-D! Chant (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
34. The “O” Dance (Music Only)
Use Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! for your Parents as Partners program!
You have permission from Nellie Edge to make copies of the MP3s, “I Can Read” pages, and Heart Word Fingerspelling cards for all of your families with credits noted.
Do not purchase this program if you have already purchased Nellie Edge Online Seminars #3 "Authentic Sight Word Work" (a.k.a. Nellie Edge Multisensory Heart Word Program), a MasterClass Intensive with step-by-step video tutorial. The MP3 of spelling songs and chants and over 200 pages of templates and Professional Development guide are included in NEOS #3!