This activity helps focus on the following Scientific Practices in the NGSS:
1. Developing and using models.
2. Planning and carrying out investigations.
3. Analyzing and interpreting data.
4. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.
1. Scale, proportion, and quantity
2. Structure and function
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
Life science: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
This lab report helps students compare and contrast single cell organisms and helps students begin to grasp the concept of specialization.