Addition includes: double, ten frames, over 10, under 10
Subtraction includes:Single Digit, Subtract 0,1,2, Subtract from 10.
Includes single digit addition and subtraction (with different types of games)
-board game (download)
-One dice( or number cards 1-6)
-2 counters (one for each student to move across the game board)
-math journal (or paper)
-highly suggest printing and laminating these on cardstock (recommended)
How to Play
1) Students roll to see who goes first
2) First person rolls and moves counter that many spaces
3) Student MUST solve the problem using the strategy that you are teaching (algorithm, hundreds chart, place value blocks etc).
4) Partner checks first persons work
5) If correct, it is the 2nd person turn
6) If incorrect, you go back however many spaces you rolled
7) First one to the goal wins
(I reinforce to the kids that it is not about who wins, but more about how you work together as a team to help each other when one of you may get stuck)
This collection has 14 separate game boards that are ready to print in high quality PDF format. Each game board is in color and B&W The game boards include:
-Single Digit under 10
-Single Digit over 10
-Adding with 10 frames
-Subtraction from 10
If you liked this resource you may also like..
Double Digit Addition and Subtraction Game
Number Concepts Word Wall and Desk Tags
Fraction Word Wall and Desk Tags
ColemanCreations are created by Andrew Coleman.
Please email me at email@example.com with any feedback, questions or recommendations.
All credits are in the zip file.