“You know what your problem is? It's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies." Steve Martin (American comedian ~ 1945)
Know that your sub when you're out will *not*
know Spanish ?
Need to put together a quick sub lesson
for an unexpected absence ?
Required to turn in three days' worth of emergency lesson plans
the first week of school and no time to do it ?
This sub plan - 'Una película buena' - will keep students connected to Spanish and learning at the same time because it lets them practice one of the first things students learn - numbers and telling time.
Using movie titles which they first have to match up, students use those titles with the times the movies start in a series of 'Review Questions'.
Included here are:
1. A list of 25 Spanish movie titles to match up with their English equivalent
2. Four pages of 'Review Questions' using the Spanish titles and the time the movies start
3. An answer key
4. A sample sub instruction sheet for your sub folder
This plan is suitable for any level. I always had so many preps that, to simplify things for the sub and to save time, I had all my classes do the same plan in my absence. It worked remarkably well.
Everything is classroom-ready to make your job easier. (13 pages)
Wondering what to do with that
one errant student assigned to ISS
(in-school suspension or in-house suspension) ?
This will be meaningful & positive work for them to do.
* PLEASE NOTE *
This is one of ten plans
'Sub * Pac For Spanish Class ~ Set 1'
in case you prefer to buy a bundle.
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Gracias.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Too little time for all your preps & grading & school clubs & meetings & planning & PD ?
If you're looking for more ready-to-use resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* Sub * Pac For Spanish Class ~ Set 1
* Sub * Pac For Spanish Class ~ Set 2
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For Spanish
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For Spanish
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For Spanish
Prefer a savings ?
* Spanish * Class Bundle ~ $7.00 for 7 ready-to-use resources
Or why not create your own special bundle ?
* Wish * List Bundle
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For Spanish
* Tissue Box * Project For Spanish Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* The Color Game For Spanish .. ¡ Atención ! This can get pretty exciting. ..
* The Use of tú * usted in Spanish
* Telling Time * Pac For Spanish
* Menu * Project For Spanish Class
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night ..
* Practice * Pac ~ saber y conocer
Customs & Life in Hispanic Countries
* 50 Fascinating Facts About Hispanic Countries ~ Set 1
* 50 Fascinating Facts About Hispanic Countries ~ Set 2
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For Spanish
.. Nice for El Día de Todos los Santos. ..
* Christmas * Pac For French Class
* El Día de San Valentín ♥ Pac For Spanish Class
* Carta de ♥ San Valentín For Spanish Class
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For Spanish
.. Perfect for El Día de la Madre ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Grammar * Pac For Spanish Class ~ Set 1
* Grammar * Pac For Spanish Class ~ Set 2
* Food * Activity ~ Pass The Plate For Spanish Class
* Proverb * Pac For Spanish Class
* The Food * Pac For Spanish Class
* Festival * del Chocolate For Spanish Class
* Household * Chores Activities For Spanish
* The Doctor * Is In For Spanish Class
* The Weather * Pac For Spanish
* Verb Activity * Pac For Spanish
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For Spanish
* Chutes And Ladders Verb * Project For Spanish Class
* Country Map * Project For Spanish Class
* Crossword Puzzle * Pac For Spanish
> .. Perfect homework assignment to reinforce new vocabulary. ..
* End-of-Year Review * Activities For Spanish
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For Spanish Class
* Monster * Project For Spanish Class
* Bulletin * Board Bonanza For Spanish Teachers
* Calendar Activities * Pac For Spanish Class
Great Films & Documentaries
* Movie * Pac For Spanish ~ Set 1
* Rick Steves Spain ~ Preguntas de Cine For Spanish Class
* Feature * Film ~ La Bamba
* Feature * Film ~ Selena
* Feature * Film ~ La Misma Luna
* Feature * Film ~ The 33
* Feature * Film ~ El Abuelo The Grandfather
* Feature * Film ~ The Blue Diner
* Feature * Film ~ Antonio Banderas: Hollywood Conquistador
* Feature * Film ~ The Mask of Zorro
* Feature * Film ~ Sweet 15
* Feature * Film ~ Argentina
* Feature * Film ~ Stand and Deliver
* Feature * Film ~ McFarland USA
* Feature * Film ~ Don Quixote
* Feature * Film ~ The Perfect Game
* Feature * Film ~ The Devil's Miner
* Feature * Film ~ Cesar Chavez
* PLEASE NOTE
If you don't have a movie in your personal film collection, your local public library may have it or be able to get it for you on the interlibrary loan from a nearby library system.
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac Grammar Review For Students of French, German, Italian, Spanish
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac For French, German, Italian, Spanish
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game For French, German, Italian, Spanish
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your Spanish Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
JUST FOR FUN
* The Mystery * Bingo Book Club . . Ideal if you like to read mystery stories ! . .
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn feedback credits each time you give
a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just go to www.TeachersPayTeachers.com and login, then click on ~
* My TpT (at the top right)
* My Purchases ~ find the appropriate title from the list
* Provide Feedback (under the product title and author's name)
and continue from there.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
KEY WORDS Substitute lesson plan / Emergency lesson plan / Vocabulary builder / Supply teacher plan / Spanish vocabulary / After the AP Exam / ISS assignment / In-school suspension / Back-to-school review / End-of-year review / Sub plan for Spanish