Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource contains 10 PowerPoint Presentations on the general rules to change singular nouns into plural and plural nouns that stay the same.
- Teachers' Guide on how you can teach via the PowerPoint lessons.
There are also whole class activities in each presentation.
Content of PowerPoint Presentations - Simple rules and guidance:
- (15 Slides) - Adding -s to nouns to make regular plurals, e.g. cat/cats
- (16 Slides) - Nouns that have irregular plurals, e.g child/children
- (21 Slides) - Nouns ending in consonant + y, e.g. baby/babies
- (29 Slides) - Nouns ending in ch, sh, s, x and z, e.g. bench/benches, box/boxes
-(21 Slides) - Nouns ending in f or fe, e.g. wolf/wolves and exceptions to the rule
- (36 Slides) - Nouns ending in o, e.g. potato/potatoes, igloo/igloos - adding s or es
- (17 Slides) - Nouns ending in vowel + y, e.g. donkey/donkeys
- (15 Slides) - Nouns ending in f/fe - exceptions to the rule
- (28 Slides ) - Plural nouns that do not require any changes, e.g. scissors, tweezers, pants, glasses, tights, binoculars etc.
- (14 Slides) - Nouns that do not change, e.g. sheep, salmon
Includes: Whole class activities.
Exceptions to the rules are highlighted in the presentations.
In addition to the above, learning is reinforced with:
- 35+ differentiated worksheets relating to each topic in the presentations
- 3 Multiple Choice Activity worksheets - choosing the correct spelling of the plural relating to pictures shown.
- Writing (7 worksheets) - Sentences highlighting singular or plural nouns to be changed accordingly.
I have updated this product with a cut and glue sorting activity.
Students look at each picture and write the plural word in the space provided. They cut this out and glue into the correct column on either Activity Sheet 1a or 1b - Please see Preview Pane. Each column is labeled with different plural endings.
Extension work: Students choose a plural word from each column and write a sentence with that word. There is a ready-made worksheet or you can get students to complete this task in their workbooks.
Learning aims: Develop children's understanding of singular and plural nouns. To know some nouns have irregular plurals and some nouns do not change.
Hope you enjoy this product.
Thank you for visiting my store.