This collection of experiments is sure to get students thinking and exploring with the concepts of sink and float. Explore and investigate what kinds of objects sink or float and the properties that lead different objects to sink/float. There are 7 experiments with simple set-up and procedures that are great for hands-on exploration. Each comes with recording pages that are perfect for science journals.
1. Do These Things Sink or Float? (Experiment and create books and pie chart data with the results)
2. Does Shape Matter? (Create different shapes that influence ability to sink/float)
3. Does Weight Matter? (Do heavier things always sink? Explore with whole group activity)
4. Fruit/Vegetable Sink & Float (Plant parts and properties that could lead to sinking or floating... Great for Thanksgiving or plants unit too!)
5. Liquid Density (Look at liquids with different densities and whether objects sink/float)
6. Rising Waters (Look at water displacement for objects that both sink and float.)
7. Make It Float (Create boats and fill them with pennies. How many can your boat hold?)
BUNDLE UP AND SAVE
SINK & FLOAT SCIENCE ACTIVITIES Bundle
contains this and other activities to help you build the best science unit!!