The hands-on experiments in this resource, allow students to observe which objects sink or float in water. In a playful way the students will become familiar with making predictions, observations, identifying, sorting, reasoning, gathering data, comparing and evaluating.
This resource contains:
- A clear explanation (with examples) of how to use this resource
- Two posters for your classroom to help visualize the concepts of sinking and floating.
- Various recording sheets to record the experiments. (differentiated):
* Sink or Float? (cut and paste pictures to record the result after testing)
* Test and Sort ( testing, identifying and recording results)
* Make a Prediction (create a visual record of prediction and observation. Evaluate the prediction in comparison with the result)
* Predict and Test (data handling: create a more abstract record of prediction and observation)
- Step by step description of conducting the following experiments (incl. photo's and explanation of why it works this way):
* Experiment: Do eggs sink or float?
* Experiment: Does an orange sink or float?