This 31 page pack is everything you need to introduce the vocabulary of sink and float, do picture sorts, conduct experiments alone, with partners, and in groups, and use QR codes to review. Also included are rubrics to grade students on their experiments and formative assessment checks to see students levels of understanding along the way! This pack includes:
1. Vocab word posters with definitions
2. Picture cards that can be used to sort, make predictions, check understanding, etc
3. QR codes on picture cards, that when scanned, say if the object will sink or float
4. Sink or float class experiment with those same objects, with recording sheets
5. Individual and partner sheets to predict and record if an object sinks or floats
6. Sink or float individual experiment worksheet, with recording page, writing page, and rubric
7. Group experiment building something that floats, with recording pages and rubric
8. Group experiment building something that sinks, with recording pages and rubric
9. 4 different quick formative assessment checks
These worksheets can be used on their own or in connection with other sink and float actives you have. They provide hands-on, engaging experiences with the topic and have students learn as they "do".
Please FOLLOW ME for me fun products and FREEBIES! Also, check out my blog: www.firstgradeadventure.com to see our classroom routines, ideas, and fun!